Thursday, March 4, 2021

The Dutch are Tall


Everything in the house seems to be built for giants. 

The fridge has shelves that are too tall for me to reach.







The closets have shelves right up to the top of the ceiling.
          
The toilet is so tall that even Rick's feet can't touch the floor. I am so short that I can swing my feet when I sit on the toilets.

My first major purchase for the house was a step stool.  We got it at a place called Kooyman.  It's the Home Depot of Bonaire. They obviously realize that short people also live on the island and so they sell a large variety of stools and ladders.

The Dutch are tall so the entire house is build for tall people.  Glad I have Rick and my step stool.
 

                                  

2 comments:

Spanish Architecture

Spanish architecture was spectacular.  The Bodegas in Rioja wine country range from garages to ultramodern designs. I thought I might share ...