Monday, April 26, 2021

Clothing

Did I tell you that it's hot here?

Rick and I brought way too many clothes and the wrong clothes to the island. The T-shirts that were comfortable in Colorado are way too thick and hot for the tropics. Rick wears a T-shirt and shorts when we are going out.  At home and at the beach he is wearing swim trunks.  His collection of Tommy Bahama shirts is ignored because of the casual atmosphere of the island.

I wear sleeveless tops, shorts and swimsuits.  On a fancy day, I put  on earrings. Yet I have a closet full of short selves tops,  heavy cotton T-shirts, and leggings as well as a jewelry cabinet full of earrings, necklaces, and rings.  What was I thinking?

We planned this move for a year.  During that time, I culled the shoe herd at least three times.  I even stored boots and winter shoes.  Yet I somehow managed to bring 13 pairs of shoes and flip-flops with me.  

If you think I am the only one with a shoe problem, I am not.  Rick brought just as many shoes as I did and he now only wears his flip-flops. The other day he did wear his sneakers to get on a ladder.


These are the only shoes we need. We stocked up on swim suits before we left.  We should have stocked up on light weight clothing and sun shirts as well.







 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...