Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Cold

We must be acclimated to warm weather.  It is 78 degrees today and raining.  We are freezing.  We had a discussion of getting our fleeces and socks out of storage.  It still might happen. For now, we put on long sleeves, closed all the doors and windows and are huddled inside where it is warm.  

The weather reports are not always accurate. The report said light rain and 30% chance of rain. It has been raining all day.  This is the first time we have had thunder during a rain storm. 

Because all-day rain was not reported, I went shopping in Kralendijk.  It was sunny this morning and was a perfect shopping day. I didn't take an umbrella or a hat. The minute I stepped into the first store, it started to rain. By the time I had gone from store to store, I was wet from head to toe and looked like a drowned rat.

Although the rain on Bonaire is warmer than in Colorado, it feels cold to us. We have acclimated!


 

3 comments:

  1. I bet the power outage was kind of stressful. Somehow different from one here. Now that it is a cool day, maybe your heavier t-shirts will get to be worn. Hugs to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quit your whining about being cold :-) I'd be dripping in sweat if it was that warm. I guess when you're living a dream you have to complain about something. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...