Monday, October 25, 2021

Amazon Order

The strap on my swim goggles broke.  There is not a replacement on the island. So I ordered one through Amazon. But how do I get it delivered to Bonaire?

Well, there is a shipping service called eZone on Bonaire. When you sign up you receive international addresses in the UK, USA and Canada.  This means you can shop online from virtually anywhere and eZone will ship to you. I got a shipping address in Miami.  Amazon confirmed delivery to the Miami address under my name.  eZone notified me that my order was in Miami and ready to ship to Bonaire.

To get the shipment through customs you must supply a litany of information including invoices, crib number (tax ID), photo ID and detailed description of the item.  I get to pay duty on the item in addition to a per weight charge.  You really just want to use this service for light and small items because it's pricey.


When your order has gotten through customs, eZone notifies you via their app that you can schedule a time to pick it up. You cruise down to their office, give them your order number and they give you your Amazon package.

 Worked like a charm.

 

1 comment:

  1. How long does it take for you to receive the package ?

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...