Saturday, March 26, 2022

The Dating Game

Meeting people on the island has been a fun experience. Most people don't just stick their face in your car window and say "Hi".  Rather, we have met people through other people and attending events.  Now, I am meeting new people through  the Bonaire Facebook Ex-pats and Visitors group page and through my blog. 


This is the page where everyone goes to ask questions about the island.  Like: " Where can I find a water noodle for my exercise class?" or "Is the cargo ship at Salt Pier today?" or  "What store has sour cream this week?". They also use the page to bitch about the roads, development, power outages, barking dogs and bad service.

They often ask for advise about moving to the island and since I have been through this, I always respond and try to give good advise.  Everyone, except the government, was very helpful to us in making the move and getting settled on the island.  It's my way to pay it forward.

Two of the couples with whom I correspond, recently visited the island.  We had a chance to meet with both of them and we are convinced they will be good friends.

It's been like a dating game. We initially communicate electronically.  We ask general questions to get to know one another.  We schedule a time to meet in person.  We test the waters with a meet for drinks or lunch to see if we are compatible.  After the meeting we decide if a second "date" is warranted or they do not need a call back. So far our "dating game" has yielded a great group of new friends.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is too cute/funny!!! Personally I'm sick and tired of all the "asses" leading this country, but if any were that cute I might want to meet them :-)

    I kept forgetting to look at your posts, so I'm glad I finally decided to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...