Friday, December 16, 2022

Strep

Rick woke up with a sore throat. Fortunately, he had a doctor visit scheduled. Because he had all the symptoms of Covid, the doctor office required that he take a home test before coming in.

Off to the Chinese market to buy an at home Antigen test for Covid.  All the Chinese markets carry them for $7.95 each. When I got back home, I noticed that the test instructions were in Dutch and German. Not English.  Not helpful.

We used Google translator for part of the instructions.  The illustrations were so small that we had to use a magnifying glass the see them. I hate being old and having bad eyesight.  I found some Youtube videos that gave us instructions in English with pictures. We opened the packaging and Rick took the nose swab test. 

The package also contained a tiny zip lock bag marked  "biohazard materials".  We put the used swab and other detritus in the bag.  We waited the ten minutes it took to show a pink line.  It looked like a pregnancy test.  The test was negative for Covid.

The doctor took one look at Rick's throat and prescribed antibiotics for strep throat.  He was really sick for about 5 days.  The antibiotics finally kicked-in and he  slowly recovered with only a lingering cough. 

We had big plans for our birthdays. As many of you know this is the start of our birthday week.  We will celebrate (Rick's 70th and my 68th) later.

 

1 comment:

  1. Glad he is finally recovering from strep throat. It's a good thing you didn't catch it from him. I know I got a sore throat a month ago and then was coughing quite a bit and blowing my nose. I tested myself for Covid and it was negative. It lasted 2 weeks for me. Then Rick caught it from me the 2nd week I had it and his also lasted 2 weeks. I've had quite a few friends that have gotten sick, but not Covid.
    Stay healthy and I wish you both a Happy Birthday whenever it is.

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...