Sunday, March 12, 2023

Detailing


The decorative furniture at our house is all distressed wood.  Some more distressed than others.  Many of the pieces had no paint.  The weather had stripped the wood.  In an effort to protect the wood and keep the pieces from deteriorating, I hired a painter to refinish several pieces.  As you recall, my last painting experience was not positive.  I didn't want to repeat the bad experience.

After power washing, the painter discovered the wood bench had a carving of two elephants and the "OM" symbol on the back. The painter proceeded to highlight the symbol which fits in with my Zen décor.


The “AUM” symbol (or OM) symbolizes the Universe and the ultimate reality 

The front door (the part facing inside the compound) is surrounded by antique wood carvings. These wood panels were also deteriorating.  Two days of power washing and two weeks of hand painting with a tiny brush produced the finish product.

After painting.



And here are my future projects.  Looks like painting will be my new hobby.












1 comment:

  1. WOW what awesome and interesting furniture and details you have around your house. I'd imagine it's not cheap to have all of the stuff refinished, but I can't wait to see the final project.

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...