Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Blackout Drapes

Our bedroom faces east.  We have this beautiful sliding glass door that opens up to our patio. The house came with a lovely sheer curtain that covers the sliding glass window but does not block the sun.

In the mornings, around 6:30 am the rising sun blasts Rick out of bed (I sleep on the other side and I am not affected by the sun).  This has gone on for the two years that we have lived in this house.  It was time to do something about this for Rick's sake.  I looked all over for black out drapes but couldn't find the right size or the type of drapery I wanted. I found a custom drapery guy that ordered my drapes from the Netherlands.  It's been 3 months since the order was placed and they are finally here.

The installer came and put up a new double rod for the old and new drapes.  The interior designer guy measured the length of the new drapes and sent them off to be hemmed.  In two days he came back to hang the drapes.










We now have beautiful blackout curtains. No more getting blasted out of bed at the crack of dawn.  We can sleep in!





2 comments:

  1. We have 2 bedrooms (one on east and one on west) side of the house. I put blackout drapes in both even though they are spare bedrooms, but when my family is in one of them they appreciate not having the sunshine coming in.

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...