Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Laundromat


Our little Dutch washing machine just can't handle towels. It has shut down several times with wet towels inside.  We called the repair man but he is in Holland on holiday and won't be back for a month. I had a bunch of towels to be washed to get ready for my next set of guests. These circumstances forced me to go to the Lavanderia (laundromat).


Things have changed since the last time I was in a laundromat which was when I was in college.  We used to do wash with four quarters. On Bonaire a large wash cost me $10.00 and dry was $8.25.  This does not include folding according to the sign. At this laundromat you pay your money to the attendant and she turns on the machine.  No feeding quarters into the slots. 




It was interesting to me that the machines' instructions are all in English. I happen to have a Dutch washing machine with instructions in Dutch.  How does this happen?






 

3 comments:

  1. Busy B&B you have there

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so expensive to have to pay for washing and drying. Hopefully your guy will be able to fix your machine so that you don't have to use the laundromat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! I should have tipped the maids better!!

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...