Sunday, May 23, 2021

Selling Stuff Again

It has taken us a few months to get used to our new house.  Not all the contents in the house suit our style or liking. It is like staying in a hotel. We like some of the stuff but it's not ours. So we have been changing it up. Since I love selling stuff, I decided I could do it in Bonaire like I did in Colorado.  There is a robust market for used items and a special site for selling things on Bonaire.

This house is full of pillows and throws.  Why we have throws in 80 degree weather, I can not understand. So many of them are being sold.

I am also the owner of a steam iron and ironing board.  I decided when I arrived I was never going to iron anything again. So this Dutch iron is for sale. It's huge and heavy.



The dining table chairs were rickety and dirty. I put them on Facebook Marketplace and within minutes, I had people wanting to buy them.  Fastest sale I ever made. Furniture is super expensive on the island so used furniture goes fast if it's priced right.


We brought a food scale to Bonaire.  The house had two scales both in grams....that doesn't help anyone.  The packaging is in Dutch, again no help to anyone that lives at this house.  It's gotta go.

I am hoping the sales can pay for our new dining room chairs.  I got to sell a lot of stuff to make some cash because we still can't access our bank account.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...