Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Decorations


 

It took us a couple of hours to decorate for Christmas.  It took us a week to decorate in Denver.  Our Buddhas and statues all have Santa hats.  I am sure that is blasphemy for one religion or another.  Oh well.


Some of you may recognize the Christmas decorations from days gone by in Denver.  Some made the journey to Bonaire and the rest are in storage. Our Feliz Navidad tree is appropriate here because there are so many Spanish speakers from the Dominican Republic, Columbia, and Venezuela.

Our door wreath was placed on the china cabinet. I wanted it to be on our front door but the door is too tall (think Dutch tall) for the wreath to hang correctly. 

As you may remember, we couldn't get Christmas lights to work at our house.  So I will share the city lights with you.  Only in Bonaire can you find a 10 foot pink Flamingo in lights.










2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas decorations!! Too funny about your Buddhas. Sadly we don't put up any decorations anymore, since we don't have anybody over and we don't exchange gifts. Since I have to put stuff up and take down so I gave up on doing it :-( I do like seeing what other folks do, so at least I can enjoy other peoples work :-)
    I bet it will be a bit different to celebrate Christmas without cold/snow. I need to have snow for Christmas so enjoy the sun and water!! Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations! Especially the flamingoes.

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...