Monday, March 21, 2022

Laundry

This is the best thing ever.  I discovered a laundry. Not a do-it-yourself laundry but one that you can drop-off and have them do it.  OMG this is the greatest.

It takes me a full day to wash sheets for our bed.  The washer is small (one sheet per load) and it takes 1:43 hours for each load.  I have three sheets for each bed to wash. It takes an hour for the sheets to dry on the line, if it doesn't rain on them.  This sounds like a story problem, doesn't it?

Anyway, the best thing about resort areas is that they have these great housekeeping services for hotels and VRBO owners.  The one I found is called Alpha and Omega. A fitting name for a sorority girl that belonged to the Alpha Chi Omega's.

The dirty laundry is weighed, put in a bag, and taken away.  I got a receipt.  I get it back in two days cleaned and pressed for $28.  I must pick it up at 4:00 pm sharp according to the laundry attendant. I think they deliver too, but I was so delighted that someone was going to do the sheets, that I didn't ask about this service. But I will next time.


1 comment:

  1. That does sound reasonable to have it all cleaned, folded and pressed. I guess when you're toiling away it's nice to have your laundry done by someone else :-)

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...