Monday, April 4, 2022

Meds

Our meds are provided free of charge since we are residents.  We simply call in to the doctor's office and tell them what we need refilled. The next day we pick them up at the Botica (pharmacy).  

The meds are packaged in punch packs. The ninety day supply comes in nine or ten packs.

We punch all the pills out at one time and put them in our old King Soopers pharmacy bottles and store them away.  We wonder if the pills are provided this way because of the humidity on the island or is this just the way pills are packaged and provided in Holland.

It's also interesting to us that the pills are different shapes and colors than what are provided in the States for
the same medicine.  I was used to the shape and color of my meds.  Now I have to pay extra attention when sorting them to put in my weekly pill boxes. They seem to work the same just look different.

1 comment:

  1. So you don't need to pay for any of your meds?? That's amazing, but I assume somehow you pay for them (via insurance or something). I bet the one thing you don't have to deal with when you pick up your prescription is a wait in a line to pick them up. Anymore, when I've had to pick something up from the pharmacy I'm always in a line.

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...