Saturday, March 9, 2024

Bee Sting

I was minding my own business while lounging in the pool when a Honey Bee stung me for no apparent reason.  I immediately brushed the bee off and removed the stinger that was sticking straight out of my arm.  Wow, it hurt.

Bonaire typically doesn't have anything in the bug category (other than mosquitos) that bite and cause pain and irritation.  We spray bug spray on ourselves daily to keep the mosquitos away and that usually takes care of things. 

The Bee sting just won't go away. It itches, has a hard bump the size of a silver dollar and is red and painful.  I tried Benadryl after a Google search for treatment. Then I tried multiple Baking Soda paste treatments. I even pulled out heavy duty anti-itch cream. A friend gave me "after-bug-bite" liquid and that didn't seem to calm it down one bit.





It's been 4 days since the attack.  I still have a 3 inch diameter, angry red spot on my arm that won't go away. Maybe I am old and it takes longer to heal? Maybe this was one super-African-killer-Bee? Maybe I am infected with alien venom?  I will let you know if I turn into a superhero-monster-killer-bug.







1 comment:

  1. Oh dear!! That doesn't look good and maybe painful!!. Hopefully it will go away. Looking forward to seeing your post about it later. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...