Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Zen

A friend of mine talks about getting her Zen. I realized that the last six months for me has been all about winding down, relaxing and trying to be calm. 

We were crazy stressed during the last year.  Moving was hard.  Getting settled in a new country and learning the culture, although interesting, was also stressful.

We are just now finding our Zen. The warm weather and easy lifestyle has made us slow down. We no longer scream or honk at slow and stupid drivers.  We just follow behind them patiently. We no longer have expectations from government entities.  We have accepted Island time.

We leisurely go about our lives.  We have no expectations for each day except to enjoy each other and our life together.

I know I am closer to reaching my Zen.  My blood pressure has dropped by 30 points.  My anxiety has gone away. I don't snore anymore.

I am still practicing. Hopefully, I will find my Zen.





  

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! We all need to slow down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love this! The pictures are fabulous and I'm so happy you are finding your Zen easier to reach. You will have to give me some lessons when I see you next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful about your blood pressure and how you have slowed down and much more relaxing. I think I should do that :-) Great photos as always

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...