Friday, June 10, 2022

George and Gracie

The climate on Bonaire deteriorates almost everything: metal, wood, rattan, painted surfaces, shells, rubber and plastic. It's no wonder that our Indonesian carved wood statues that we affectionally call "George and Gracie" have succumbed to the outdoor conditions.

Even though most of the wood items outside our house are shabby chic or distressed with peeling paint and faded surfaces, there comes a time when they need to be cleaned up and renewed.
 

My trusty friend, Brenda,  accompanied me to the art/paint store to buy supplies. It always amazes me that you can find things on Bonaire.  Brenda knows all the places to buy things whether you are looking for dryer sheets, sewing material, fancy art from Italy or acrylic paint.

I sat down to start painting the figures.  It took only a few hours to get the job done.  I am pleased that George and Gracie have been rejuvenated. 

I am pleased with the results.  Now I am going to tackle some of the wood furniture items that need attention.





1 comment:

  1. Well, damn girl, you could be a makeup artist! They look fabulous! Who knew??

    ReplyDelete

Solar Part 1

We have been talking about installing solar power on the house for long time.  The other night the power went off and we used a battery oper...